Thursday, July 4, 2013
5 Ways to Have Everyday Fun for Yourself for Little to NO Money
The first thing I did was go out to lunch with a friend. We talked about life, politics, people, paid the bill, said good bye and went on with our day. Later I went to a free fitness class and enjoyed myself.
A few days later I visited one of my friends at the bar she works, met some other friends and then we went out to a night club. At the club we danced all night long which is when I also realized I was a bit of a better dancer than I thought, then afterwards we went to get breakfast food at a nearby diner.
I went to out to eat with my friend at a vegan restaurant we both enjoy.
While being a mother is my primary job in life it's not my only one and doing things by myself and for myself are perfectly fine and healthy.
5 Ways to have everyday fun for yourself for little to NO money
- Do lunch with a friend: Lunch specials can be SUPER cheap, much cheaper than dinner, and since it's the middle of the day and you have to return to work you wont stay longer and spend more money. Lunch with my friends usually cost us both $10-15 with tip included
- Go to a FREE fitness class: Check with you local community centers and smaller owned businesses usually have free classes to offer. If you're in NYC check out this link.
- If you're going to go out at night look for bars that have super good drink specials and FREE entry to lounges, poetry clubs, or dance clubs. (The club my friends and I went to afterwards was FREE!)
- Check a matinee: Movies in the middle of the day are MUCH cheaper than films after 12pm. Check your theaters matinee times and go see a movie! Also look for dollar movie theaters! The kids and I LOVED going to the dollar theater when we lived in Florida.
- Go by YOURSELF: You know all the zoos, libraries, and museums you go to with your little one? I can't tell you how great a trip to one of these places by yourself is! You can learn more, go as slow or as fast as you want, and these places aren't just for kids! Check out FREE museums in NYC.
If you can't remember the last time you did something just for YOU maybe it's time to do it!