Tuesday, March 18, 2014
Generation Hope Application Cycle is OPEN for Teen Parents
Applications are open for both scholars (teen parent students) and sponsors (the mentors).
Application deadline is APRIL 1st!
Below is the information directly from Generation Hope's website for scholars:
Click here for the application
"Are you a teen mother or teen father living in the Washington, D.C. area who is planning to attend college next year or is currently attending college? Then we want you to apply for the Generation Hope Scholar Program!
Every year, Generation Hope recruits a new class of Generation Hope Scholars. Each Generation Hope Scholar receives up to $2,400 per year in college tuition support and a mentor who will be committed to seeing you through to your college graduation.
To be eligible, a student MUST:
- Be a teen parent (defined as having a child by the age of 19) and be age 25 or younger at the time of application submission
- Be raising or actively involved in their child’s life (defined by regular support and care of your child)
- Be attending - or planning to attend - college starting the Fall 2014 semester in the Washington, D.C. Metro Area (Washington, DC, Maryland or Northern Virginia) and seeking an undergraduate two or four-year degree
- Have a minimum 2.5 grade point average
- Be a US Citizen or legal US Resident
- Submit a copy of their Student Aid Report (SAR) or proof of FAFSA submission. How do I apply for aid?
- Be planning to take a minimum of 6 credits each semester
PROCESS FOR BECOMING A GENERATION HOPE SCHOLAR:
- Complete the application (open now, closes April 2014)
- Submit two letters of recommendation
- Submit an official and recent school transcript including cumulative grade point average or GED certificate
- Submit a copy of Student Aid Report (SAR) or proof of FAFSA submission
- Meet with Program staff for interview
- Complete mandatory mentee training in July 2014
Questions? Please contact Caroline Griswold, Program Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org or (202) 642-5649."